Sample HR Certification Study Schedules
A study schedule is essential in preparing for the HR certification exams. Creating
and sticking to a schedule is the best way to ensure you cover the entire HR Body
of Knowledge prior to your scheduled exam. The following study schedules will help you
stay on track. You are welcome to use and adapt any of these study schedules to meet your needs.
PHR/SPHR Study Schedules
2023 PHR/SPHR 12-Week Study Schedule
2023 PHR/SPHR 8-Week Study Schedule
2023 PHR/SPHR 4-Week Study Schedule
aPHR Study Schedules
2023 aPHR 6-Week Study Schedule
2023 aPHR 4-Week Study Schedule
PHRi/SPHRi Study Schedules
2023 PHRi/SPHRi 10-Week Study Schedule
2023 PHRi/SPHRi 6-Week Study Schedule
aPHRi Study Schedule
2023 aPHRi 4-Week Study Schedule
The following study tips may be helpful:
- Read the materials thoroughly.
- Highlight or underline key concepts. As you review the materials later, return to those parts you have marked.
- Complete the Self-Assessments at the end of each section. These items focus on important points within the previous area and have been developed to help you evaluate your understanding and ability to apply those concepts.
- As part of your review, study the key terms by using flash cards or the glossary. Knowing and understanding terminology and definitions will help you as you analyze the questions on the exam.
- Once you have finished reading and reviewing each unit, answer the corresponding online practice assessments.
- Evaluate your results. All assessments provide a breakdown of how you perfomed on each section of the content. Some assessments provide detailed feedback. For these questions, you are provided with the correct answer, feedback on that particular topic, and the page number where you can find the relevant topic in the HRCP Program. Use this feedback to figure out why you missed any questions you got wrong.
- Get a good night's sleep prior to your exam.